Thread: (Story) U-104
View Single Post
Old 04-17-15, 07:03 AM   #94
MantiBrutalis
Planesman

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Exclamation

Ah... This feels like 10 years ago. My life has changed quite a bit in September 2013. And the Lucky Halibut had to stay dry-docked as I went to play some other games after all that chaos settled. I do remember getting the U-boat urge a few times, but I never managed to get my corrupted SH3 running... till now.

Took more than 5 hours to make SH3 resurface from the depths of errors, widescreen issues, black skies and freezes. But it is back. And boy does time fly when you're trying to hunt a cargo ship protected by a destroyer on 100% realism. Hours are lost again to listening to the sea, watching the skies for planes and using geometry to make that one bloody eel hit its target. I'm currently playing a "learning" career in a much smaller boat than the U-104, in the Mediterranean, which I've never done before.

I'm still missing a mod or two I had back then, but can't figure out which ones. I think I had ship's names and cargos listed in the patrol log...

The Lucky Halibut will be undergoing repairs at least a bit longer. The continuation of U-104's story depends on few thing:
1. Me relearning all the bits a skipper needs to know, as well as hitting ships without map markers on.
2. Finding the rest of the mods I used back then.
3. The save working. If not, I might sort of simulate it.
4. Me rereading the entire story, because I forgot most of the characters and events. I may even edit all the grammar issues, as my English progressed a bit more.

And one of the most important questions: Are people here at Subsim even interested in reading the rest of U-104's adventure?
MantiBrutalis is offline   Reply With Quote