View Single Post
Old 04-08-15, 01:59 AM   #1
Gunnarr
Helmsman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Aimlessly drifting at sea! Need help with technical issues ect

I have not played the Silent Hunter games since I was a young teenager. I wanted to play them again, I have Silent Hunter III, and Silent Hunter IV Wolves of the Pacific. I remember from my childhood that Silent Hunter IV crashed a lot, very buggy. So we never played it much.

I didn't even know what mods were back then either.

So, here I am. Thinking to play again, I saw it on my CD rack and thought it sounded like a good idea. I have windows 7, and 1920x1080 resolution.

First, I do not know which game to play. 3 or 4. Personally I find the pacific theatre more interesting for me, (or maybe it was because my brother was obsessed with Germans it made me want to be different...) but I feel if it still is not a good game I can play Silent Hunter 3.

So here are my questions.

1. Which game should I play? 3 or 4? I would play it modded now that I know how well mods improve games. Is 3 still better overall?

2. When I tried installing Silent Hunter 3, it showed something to install checked "windows media 9 codecs" I do not know what this is. Should I leave this checked?

3. After installing, is there a way to play in my 1920x1080 resolution? I have a laptop which has a smaller resolution, but it overheats a lot... and it is not a very standard resolution on it either from what I remember, but might be wrong (least it was not a standard resolution on Railroad Tycoon 3!)

4. Eventually, I will need help picking mods to install for SH 3 or 4 , depending on which I play first.

Guess that is all the questions for now. Thank you for your time, and sorry if this is a bad place to post this, I didnt see a "General Silent Hunter Discussion" subforum
Gunnarr is offline   Reply With Quote