Old 03-31-15, 04:20 PM   #1294
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_frog View Post
Hello IMBL,

I guess the multiple explosions upon being hit do not result from too many collision spheres but from numerous destructible items (defined by damage boxes). For such excessive effects I gave up doing small destructible parts. Exploding vents and lifeboat are not realisitc.

If I remember right, some merchant ship models from SH5 have been converted to SH3. Their internal 3D damage model becomes visible when breaking into halves.
No; I'm actually 100% certain it's the spheres. I deleted all but two spheres on the hull object last night and her damage model was back to normal right away. I also looked at the default merchants and noticed that the game designers did not place spheres throughout the hulls of the stock ships. The NKLS hull, for instance, only has one or two of them amidships. Good to know I can get realistic damage effects in less time - placing all the spheres is tedious.

I do agree that some effects are over the top - lifeboats and ventilation ducts don't need to go off like Roman Candles. This is a simulator, not a Michael Bay movie.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote