View Single Post
Old 03-27-15, 07:24 AM   #1
Anothis
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Greetings from Belgium

Hello everyone.

I'm a young comic writer. When I was a kid, my first video game was the original Silent Hunter. My father used to play it and I wanted to try. I remember being scared by the sight of Japanese Destroyers. I never became that much interested with subs beyond that, but I still came back to the series with the third a few years ago, and now the fifth.

I just finished the stock campaign with no mods and I was looking to make a second playthrough with a more realistic feel, especially on the tactics side of things, with more dangerous destroyers because they were quite lackluster I must say. As the campaign moved on, I started to realize that I was never in real danger with them. To the point where I tested them by trying to go in a straight line at slow speed, 30m deep, across the Gibraltar strait with a dozen DD's depthcharging me but failing miserably for more than 10 minutes before one finally got lucky. So if you have a mod in mind that makes them dangerous like they are supposed to be, I'd be glad to know what exists.

So, that's mostly why I joined your site. To be able to download mods. But there is a second reason, an opportunity that just arose. As I said, I'm a comic writer, or trying to be at least since I'm on my very first projects. I am writing a bunch of first issue scripts. Once I have a few, with an artist friend, we'll decide which we'll pick up and then package submissions. I have a few written but then I played Silent Hunter again, and I realized that's one kind of story I wanted to tell. So, I have the story pretty much figured out, I've done a bit of research but on some finer details pertaining mostly to technologies like ASDIC sonar for example, I thought I'd ask here if I ever was unsure of anything. So I hope that's fine with all of you.

Thanks and see you around. =)

Last edited by Anothis; 03-27-15 at 03:31 PM.
Anothis is offline   Reply With Quote