View Single Post
Old 03-21-15, 01:09 AM   #1270
leadtail
Mate

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Hi; I got the game files but I was unable to open them in Wings3d; I will fiddle with the .mtl's and try again.

To get a new silhouette in the rec manual, simply open up
[unitname]_sil.dds in your favorite graphic editing software. I use programs like FRAPS to take screenshots of the ships at different angles, then edit out the background.

What is the parent unit for the Risedale? If you used a SH3 unit it will not display the 3d damage effects seen in SH4.

That's a nice unit list, and I loved the images of the ships you posted in the other thread. FYI I already have a model of the UB-II (feel free to work on your own, of course). The list of French units has a lot of ships that I wanted to make but thought I wouldn't have time to - I know Chateaurenault, Leon Gambetta, and Amiral Charner were sunk by U-Boats, so they would be very good to have.
I sent you links to the Wings3d files as well as the game files, so 1. you should be able to just open the wings file right in the wings3d program and not need to import .obj files into it, and 2. use the game files to put into your mod. What I want to do is have these all done and debugged and ready for you to just insert right into your mod with you needing to do as little as possible to cut down on your work load.
leadtail is offline   Reply With Quote