Old 03-19-15, 09:54 AM   #1323
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobakz View Post
Hello again fellow cap'ns.

I have a couple of problems that i could not solve by myself and my forum searches failed to return a proper solution for me. I would be very grateful if you could help me

Problem 1: Ship recognition manual (the book, SOAN) fails to filter by number of stacks (or chimneys . When you try to filter by it, it shows no ships at all. Please see screenshot 1 below

Problem 2: RAOBF scale error. I think this has been mentioned earlier but i was not able to find a solution. In the tutorial RAOBF practice i measure the optical height and the optical length of the ship and find some discrepancies. These differences causes errors in measurements. For example measuring the optical height as 12 in my case instead of 10.6 (which was the value suggested in tutorial) returns a lower range. Please see screenshots 2 and 3 below

Yes, filtering doesn't work properly...I'll fix it when I learn how.

I don't know what tutorial says but angular height of that ship is ~12 deg which means that ships distance is about 1000m , everything OK there. Maybe tutorial scripts are optimized for different mission with different ship?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote