View Single Post
Old 03-08-15, 10:30 PM   #4813
Zedwardson
Sparky

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

After a long delay I repurchased SH3 off steam, and was able to get the three mods I wanted (GWX, Sub Commander, and a widescreen mod) all working

Very rusty but I am going to play till I killed, then start a new guy at the same month and see how many captains it takes to get to the end of the war.

Heinz Bido

1st Patrol - Pre war shakedown patrol. (OOC - it was useful for me to remember the game controls)

2nd Patrol - War Begins as I am heading out to my spot. Sink six merchants For 16334 Tons

3rd Patrol - 7 Merchants and one Dutch warship. - Shot a lot of the merchants with the deck gun as the waters of the north sea were unseasonably calm. Found a Small Depot ship not moving 100 km North of Scapa flow. It was unlighted and fired two steam eels at long range. Turned out to be dutch and BDU was quite upset with me. They also sent me a reminder of how the french flag does not look like the dutch flag.

4th patrol - Fruitful, including sinking a large freighter (MV Siamese Prince) and I was awarded a Iron cross 2nd class. I also gave one to my watchman.

5th Patrol - Now well into 1940. Did not find much - but what I did find was good. A large freighter and a Glanville class freighter. Also found isolated tribal and a V&W steaming without zagging, and sent them to the bottom as well.

So far I sunk 20 merchants, and 3 warships, 59.5k in Merchant tonnage, and almost 10k in warship tonnage. Hopefully I can take part in some way with Operation Weserübung but that depends on the timing of the shipyards. (its Feb 1940)