View Single Post
Old 02-11-15, 09:10 AM   #1181
bobbyr
Watch

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0

Hey guys since this post of mine got lost 'under the waves' (no pun intended ) I'd like to remind you of it. Still searching for help. If you got any advice or tips please let me know. SH 3 and 4 tutorials don't work for the Wolves of Steel, it's too different.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
Hi, huge fan of this mod, from the 3 mega mods for SH5 it's my favourite.

However, I'd like to learn how to properly play the Wolves of Steel.

Background info:

I'm completely new to SH 5, only played some of the tutorials included in this mod and 2-3 hours of gameplay (until I reach Danzig Bay in the first campaign mission).

I played SH 4 U-Boat missions for a long time, when it hit the market till about 2010, then I stopped playing SH till late last year. I previously always played with a lot of AI help (around 50% realism), but I got sick and tired of it and I decided to start a proper Silent Hunter career from now on 100% realism + real navigation. It's much more fun so far already.

However, I'm struggling a lot with tracking enemies, pursuing/ shadowing them, setting up for an attack and actually attacking. I just don't know how to do it.

I've learned how to use real navigation though to track my course and follow courses I want and reach designated areas so that's a plus. (I watched tutorials).

Apart from that though I'm having problems and I feel somewhat helpless, I don't know how to pursuit / intercept enemy ships and how to engage them.

I've watched a lot of stoianm's tutorials and they are great, but a lot of significant things in his mods differ from the Wolves of Steel, so I can't really apply them to the Wolves of Steel.

I know that vdr1981 has made a few tutorials, but I think they only start once the enym ship is close and in sight and they are 480p (I can not read text in that resolution on my big screen) and there is no commentary.

Any advice would be appreciated how I can learn how to play this mod with 100 % realism and real navigation.
Like I wrote, I've figuered out the part how to get my boat to locations I want to go, but I really need to learn what to do from basically the point where a new contact gets reported to me (via hydro or visual id), how I should pursuit / hunt / shadow it, engagement, TDC setup and escaping.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by bobbyr; 02-11-15 at 09:47 AM.
bobbyr is offline   Reply With Quote