View Single Post
Old 01-11-15, 01:49 AM   #87
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Well I got the one LCD I have on hand installed and it didn't turn out in the way I had thought as regards power and reed switches. I had thought that I needed to first establish power through the lever switch while having the opening reed under the influence of it's magnet. Then as the pop-up continued to rise the magnet would move away from the opening reed and the LCD would light. As the pop-up continued to rise the other magnet would come into influence of the closing reed so when you closed it, that magnet would move away from the closing reed and shut down the LCD with the closing ratchet sound.

What actually would happen was when the closing reed magnet came into influence the reed the LCD would shut down with the closing sound. This is just the opposite of what would happen on a MKVII using the same system so I'm confused and I double checked the reed to be a NO type.

Long story short, it turns out I don't even need the opening reed at all because the LCD powers on when the battery gets connected. For closing I just hooked up the NO side of the opening reed to the closing reed connection and as it closes the magnet comes into influence and it shuts down with the closing ratchet sound. Weird but it works.

In any case, we'll see what the LCD board that's on it's way does to see if I'm crazy.

Here's how I set up the reeds and magnets.

Opening reed.

Closing reed.

Magnets.

Video of the LCD version. I'm scrolling quickly through the different screens and they are in focus unlike the video.
http://s225.photobucket.com/user/sir...tml?sort=3&o=0

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote