View Single Post
Old 01-04-15, 03:09 AM   #113
Caustic
Torpedoman

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 6

Good to see this mod is going strong. I'm not sure what I changed along the way but I can't seem to find the setting that controls weathers and what not.

I have decided to recompile the mod in a different way. It seems something I borrowed from Real Environment Mod has been causing the foggy weahter. This new version is being bug-tested and is WIP.
You can always use the Realistic Colors or TMO/RFB compatible module by itself, this will provide you with a different atmosphere without changing the sea dynamics and weather.

The next version will be more comprehensive and will include various textures for land and sky along with the now-ancient updated fire effects/oil that are included in TMO and RFB for use in Stock SH4 1.5. Over the years, I have steadily moved away from mega-mods due to the lack of customization. Now the player has the choice of just having a better environment and nothing more. I run this mod all the time for personal use. It's quite immersive and the color palette is based on the vanilla atmosphere, which is really the only one that looks good in the engine. In my opinion, in contrast to the bright blue of TMO and Real Environment Mod. You will also have the ability to toggle the grain filter as I found that it improves the atmosphere of the ISE color palette. All prior mods have removed this for various reasons.

As well, there will be a total conversion mod for TMO/RFB/etc that brings the full experience of ISE to that user-base. I run ISE+Post-Process with GFO/RSRDC and this is what I recommend for the ideal experience in SH4 for the casual player.

Take care

Last edited by Caustic; 01-04-15 at 03:49 AM.
Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote