View Single Post
Old 09-08-14, 05:50 AM   #1510
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikalugin View Post
"Defensive green" is the regulational vehicle colour since USSR.

While videos of vehicles do prove that Russia supplies arms (as T72B3 for example was not exported), they in general do not show who operates them. Thus it is not correct to conclude that they are definetely operated by the Russian Armed Forces, especially considering the scale of local efforts of searching for people with relevant military skills.
"I don't pull the cat's tail, I just hold it tight."

Russian TV I read showed in a coordinated effort on its channels documentations about Russian "volunteers" who were buried in Russia. Their number is high enough that Moscow cannot hide them anymore, and so searched to regain the initiative after that mother's organisation became loud.

Yes, they all volunteered, and they all took leaves from the military to battle the Ukrainians in their holiday time.

Wake up, ikalugin. You get lulled by your own attempt to be reasonable. You help to cover, whether you are aware of it or not, this new military doctrine that Russia has prepared since several years, calling it I think non-linear warfare. It bases on KGB operation plans from the cold war and modified and widen their scope. It was the Kremlin's reaction to the way the recent American wars and their inability to really defeat the insurgents went along, and the Arab Spring's toppling of regimes and the way Islamic hardliners tried to grab power by disguising themselves as democrats. Not to have your troops fighting under your nation's colours and emblems, is part of that doctrine. So that there may guys like you claiming "We do not participate in the fight, so do not hold us responsible".

It's just a formality - used to set up a distraction maneuver. Russia i party in thios conflict. Who operates those vehicles and aims the weapons, is not really important, separatists and the Kremlin work together.

Last edited by Skybird; 09-08-14 at 06:04 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote