Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 08-03-14, 05:25 PM   #244
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Honestly , I think you paint it a bit too bad. The inner organ map fails me only in a few cases, and considering the limited rendering distance of the gfx engine rifle ballistics do not play that important a role and are working okay for the most. Bullet drop with revolvers should be more obvious now, they say, and I welcome that. I cannot get used to the idea of hunting with a revolver with a scope on it, if you need a scope on a revolver to reliably hit where you want, then you have the wrong weapon for the distance anyway, I would say. I never use revolver scopes (it also looks extremely unsexy).

I am more pissed by that it does not matter whether I had a rifle at skill level 3 or 7 - the wobble in the scope is the same, there is no improvement. You note a difference maybe when jumping from level 1 to 3, but beyond that I think it is pointless to focus on improving weapon skills. Bad balancing there, I would say, and to have the skill levels on a scale with 20 grades makes no sense under these circumstances.

I would consider to get a day licence and then test your reactivated equipment on a shooting range.

The 6.5x55 is a great rifle. I never regretted to have bought it. And while I am at it, the air rifle is bnig fun, too, due to its very obvious ballistic curve and the characteristics of hunting rabbits. Doing rabbits with birdshot kills the fun in it.

Hm. Any psychologist might wonder about my mental state when reading that last sentence...

I never have played competitions, or tutorials. Zero interest on my side. I set my own goals. I also do not care for point scores of trophies, I only care for trophy integrity and quick dying time: like in reality I try to not le the animal suffer long. Thats why I try to get close.

I now will start to do hunting for the real highscoring bucks, since I have no immediate possibility anymore to raise my HS by achievements in the forseeable future. There are 30 more points in range, and then there will be a very long break before I can boost it again. That dampens the urge to hunt for achievement raises, and gives back the relaxation needed to just enjoy the game, no matter how much shots I fire.