View Single Post
Old 06-14-14, 10:52 AM   #2269
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Oooh baby! now I'm really confused, Katze!

So TheBerbster said they don't normally radio in by default, but activating the patch allows them to. You say opposite. I'd prefer that you were right. hehehe (sorry Peter! ).

When I'd use my deck gun, I'd usually aim for the command deck first. As you described it, this patch gives us incentive to take out the radio AND it has the chance to work if the patch is enabled. I think this is what I initially thought it did, but second guessed myself. More so with the explanations. Maybe I will activate the patch next time I'm in port, then.

oops! Stanley Cup game is on .. gotta go!

go Kopitar go!!!
If you want to see how it all developed you can find it in the sh5 patcher thread starting here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...81433&page=145

Synopsis:
  • TDW wanted to get Carriers to launch aircraft as they were getting the contact sighted info but not launching.
  • After fixing that he worked on getting airfields functioning as well so that when you were sighted by a freighter, for example, the airfield would scramble aircraft after getting the report.
  • The discussion then started about whether all contact messages could be routed through radio equipment ( EG: check unit has a working radio)
  • This then lead to the reworked destroyable radio / antenna zones and the 'units must use radio patch'.
Even before the destroyable zones patch was created, the ships would send contact reports, and destroyers in range would respond.
If the carrier and airfield patch was enabled then carriers and airfields would respond as well. That was all developed before the ability to destroy the unit's radio equipment (at which point the patch forces the check for 'working radio equipment' before sending out the report.)

As for the other discussion about Scapa Flow, it's a known issue that the 'docked' dummy ships don't wake up during an attack and that the active Destroyer AI gets locked up when they get in shallow waters and the collision avoidance routine kicks in.

Last edited by Katze; 06-14-14 at 01:23 PM.
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote