Old 06-12-14, 12:51 PM   #121
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionclaw View Post
Yeah, the .243 bolt action rifle.

Yeah, installed it a few days ago. Maybe it's not enough time but, it seems like an interesting game. More of a relaxing type of game.

I've played it a few hours now. I have yet to spot a male Mule Deer, only females so far.

I'm not sure I'll hunt water birds.

Cool, good to know so I don't repurchase stuff again.

I think I'll get the Pathfinder bundle, more of a middle ground between the two other ones.

It has a .44 Magnum revolver.

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 5 shots or 6? Infact, due to the excitement I lost track myself. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?!

Paraphrased from Dirty Harry movies.
With the .243, you are in no urgent need to go after the .223 I recommended. But you NEED one or two heavier rifles or at least a shotgun.

With the Pathfinder you can get along if you use slugs and buckshot, else you still need a reasonable rifle. The disadvantage of slugs is they do not reach that far and are not as precise. The clothing in the Pathfinder is nothing special, but it gives you a tent. And you still have no callers except for turkeys. If you want to use the bow, you may want a LRF.

BTW, maximum rendering range for animals in the game is around 230 meters, beyond that they are still there and get calculated, but they will not be visible.

Mule deer sometimes is called "ghost deer", and not for no reason, also, Logger's Point is not the most easiest reserve to play. I like it, but Whiteheart Island for example is easier. Try your luck in the early morning hours, and be silent, it is very good advise to behave like a submarine surfacing at night in fog within hostile waters. Most species have two activities at least: resting, and walking to eating grounds, and back. I am not certain whether I would call some observations of mine their effort to go to water to drink, too, or if that were just random meetings. The timetable for these activities vary from species to species.

The real highscoring bucks are very difficult to find, and usually also cannot be lured, also, the ynever call themselves, or only rarely. Also note that higher scoring animals sometimes follow after a "spearhead" of low-scoring peasants, which can make it tricky to go after the good scores. Its these scenarios where I could think about using lure spray. But then I usually find that I have not taken it with me.

P.S. An essential equipment to buy is a backpack. It doubles the space for items you can carry. To increase the number of ready-slots, also is comfortable, though not essential.