Old 05-30-14, 10:10 PM   #1191
jokker
Watch

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Rewrote a confusing cell phone dictation. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokker View Post
I'm late to this discussion. The ring in my nose expression is silly. My direct observation of life in Europe and North America is quite favorable on many levels. I am influenced by the fact we in the west just live a more comfortable life with benefits the majority of the world doesn't enjoy, The possibility of hard work turning into a significant degree of financial independence is pretty uncommon for most of the world population. Europe has a safely net that is second to none. America has a long tradition of independence regarding uncensored speech. Our wealthy came about by building something useful, not being connected to a party. The Russian billionaires just had the connections to gain access to the industries built with public funds. At least our billionaires created something of value for the masses.

If your successful in the west, the system over time will tax it away and distribute of the wealth to its citizens.

Rule of law prevails here. I will conceed that corruption is a universal human trait. As is greed, as are other forms of corruption especially power grabbing. In the west we at least try to rebalance the wrong, (though not being as successful as I'd want).

But we in the west (including the capitalist far east) do live with many benefits that the remainder does not. You being in Germany should know that very well. I don't get your point of view, my travels worldwide have given me a first hand view of just how good I have it.

I too was excited for Russia when Boris stood on the side of radical change. I think when the KGB cronies ended up running the government along with and supported by the robber barons, the die was cast. My belief Russia is going to turn into a oil state with a very few having substantial money and the vast majority scraping by. Massive middle class in Russia, I am doubtful it will happen. I truly hope I'm wrong.

If you're unhappy with your current situation, just move to where you admire the system

bob
jokker is offline   Reply With Quote