View Single Post
Old 05-26-14, 10:26 AM   #5277
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Patrolling quadrants

I am currently assigned to AN1814, south of Scapa. As I reached AN1828, roughly 95 km from AN1814, I received my directive to patrol my 80 km radius for 48 hours.

I have been patrolling this entire AN18 quadrant and a part of AN16, but not AN17, for over 96 hours now without receiving new directions. In Sjizzle's post 5171, he also went over five days before getting any response. Is this normal?

The 80 km radius extends beyond that quadrant, and considering that maybe a third of AN18 is land, what is our actual patrol area and how would you go about patrolling this area:

- Is it 80 km from AN1828 where I received my last directive, which will also include patrolling a part of AN16, but will not cover AN1814 because it's 15 kms beyond the 80 km radius?

- Or is it 80 km from AN1814 which is my original directive noted in the Captain's Log, which will include patrolling a part of AN17 and a part of AN16?

- Or is it a completely different approach that I should be taking?

Also, I take it that these new patrol zone missions replace the old similar additional missions that requested that we go to some area and sink something, but IIRC, never had a specific time requested. Correct?

We still must do the main missions, such as Eastern Coastal Waters, correct? And if yes, are those missions still first priority, whereas missions to patrol quadrants are still secondary and optional like the ones in previous versions were?

I ask this, because in vdr1981's post 5216, he asks to have the icons for those missions and the icons in the Captain's Log removed, although I didn't quite understand why from reading the posts related to that conversation. See his post here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=5216

This all leads me to my last question:

- What is different in v2.5 from the previous versions in regards to how the game is approached and played?