View Single Post
Old 03-28-14, 07:25 AM   #2205
GaetVa
Watch

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

TDW,

I didn't verify fps, but i had no lag. but the test i did was in a scenario
with few units (the one you added concerning wolfpacks with addition of some AI subs, so perhaps 15-20 ships)

i have just made a try before sleeping with the campaign, but was unplayable with this range (1000 km). i tried on Open horizons campaign (happy days).

Note that i play on a 2012 laptop (not a bad graphical card) with graphics option at maximum (i used the wolfes megapatch) and even without the render patch, i am at about 12 fps when in port (but not really a problem for me). After that, i am usually at 20-25 fps (which is ok for me).

Concerning other rendered distances i tried in scenario 10 000 km, and after 4000 km (but nothing happens). I will make a try with 3000 km, 2000 km and 1000 km until i can have something happening.
(in fact the try i did which is running fine is not 1000 km but 999 999 meters and this is running fine). I will try 1000 km if 3000 and 2000 km are not running as perhaps it could be a limitation less than 1000 km ?

If you can do what you are speaking about rid of this radius from the player sub, it will be like no more like this , no in fact !!

But anyway many thanks for the great job you already it !!

Even if for now for campaign will be hard to have a big range, already for scenarios, it becomes really interresting to do some really historical scenarios (i am thinking for instance of scenarios for artic convoys, like PQ17 with planes attacking first following by sub attacks, and even later with german ships attacking like Tirpitz and Admiral Hipper). With this render patch, this kind of things becomes possible.
GaetVa is offline   Reply With Quote