View Single Post
Old 03-02-14, 06:07 AM   #2294
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the help , yes good idea , may be a way to sort out this awfully different shadowing behaviour is to tweak and change "ALL" the model's links to either the main bone or to the child bone, in this case (I guess) I need to change the links of the UZO binoculars to the main bone like they are already now for the UZO pedestal

Can you tell me please how you know that "the pedestal is linked on the model's main bone, and the binoculars are linked to a child bone of the main bone"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

the receive/cast shadow bone properties have no the complex settings that you are looking for: to the best of my knwledge they are boolean variables (they are either on or off). But have you noticed that the UZO pedestal in your second screenshot still has internal shadows and it casts shadows on the conning tower? Its mesh is located in the same model as the rest of the UZO. The difference among the two parts is that the pedestal is linked on the model's main bone, and the binoculars are linked to a child bone of the main bone. Either this difference, or a difference in the extended data properties of their respective bones, meshes or materials could be the cause of their different shadowing in game

Last edited by tonschk; 03-02-14 at 07:40 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote