View Single Post
Old 02-17-14, 08:34 PM   #2172
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
The AI_Visual sensor and my AI_Visual sensor in my uboat_sensors file covers a sphere as large as the max range. Think of the max range of a visual sensor as the radius of a sphere. Wherever that sensor is located on the object defines that center of that sphere. This assumes the min and max elevations are set to a maximum value.

You can define certain bearings that the sensor can only 'see'. It's a property of the sensor (SensitivitySectors).
Yep, I know. You can even set a sensitivity factor for each arc. This is of little use for ship visual sensors: with many watchmen supposedly on deck, and looking at every direction at any given time, your 360x360 deg AI_visual is fairly suited to surface units. Nonetheless, detection arc settings have (at least in theory) an interesting application with aircraft, whose visual awareness should be limited by the cramped space onboard, and by the exiguous crew complement. If possible, my idea was to equip planes with a visual sensor for each crewman (each sensor with a limited detection arc, and reduced sensitivity at its extreme ends). If the sensors are linked to objects with indivdual damage boxes, destroying the box would "kill" the virtual watchman connected with it, thus reducing airplane's visual

There is a "but" though. If, during an air-to-air or or air-to-sea angagement, a plane with partial visual coverage temporarily loses contact with her current target (due to a sharp turn, for instance), will she forget about the opponent?

Quote:
The game iterates over a maximum of 16 sensors for each unit object.
Good to know

Quote:
Whether you can define more than one type of sensor (visual, radar, etc.) for each unit object I'm not sure. I'd have to watch it in debugger to see if game recognized more than 1 type of certain sensor per unit object. Same goes for attaching sensors to gun barrels and such.
Could you please check it?

Last edited by gap; 02-17-14 at 09:06 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote