View Single Post
Old 02-17-14, 08:14 PM   #2171
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I just discovered I have an error in my units must use radio patch. It's not an error per se but rather almost all units are not being checked as to whether they can receive radio

I just learned a whole lot about how game deals with contacts today. Let's say unit detects a new contact with it's sensors. If unit previously had no contact detected then the game engine will iterate over all the game units defined to give ONE of them that is the same side (axis, allies, or neutral) the same contact (it's actually the first one it finds in the list). Note I said ONE of them. I thought it iterated over all and gave all with the same side the contact but I was wrong.

If the iterated unit receiving the contact is game unit type <= 4 or a 10 or a 11 then it's radio was being checked else it's radio is NOT being checked. I am updating the units must use radio patch to correct this.

I'm also developing a way to have the game engine while iterating over all the game units for the same side to give each one of them the contact instead of giving it to only one (the first one it finds).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote