View Single Post
Old 02-07-14, 06:11 PM   #1030
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Well, the project had another narrow escape....on Wednesday my house was partly flooded due to bad weather, and I rescued my PC from the water just in time...if the flooding had happened while I was at work, I dread to think of what would have occurred.

Anyways, a question for people who know a lot about German battleships: when did the Germans start painting their battleship funnels red? Was it done throughout 1914-1918? I assume it was as an identification measure. Would the red funnels have been applied to all ships or were there exceptions?

Also, did the Germans ever use complex camouflage on capital ships in WWI? All of the photos I have seen seem to show battleships with basic, solid gray/whitish paint schemes.

Thanks!

To Adm. Halsey: famous U-Boat victims will be in the campaign layers at the times they were lost; if I have time to model the Britannic (a big if) then you will see her if you know when and where to be. The "Aboukir", "Hogue", and "Cressy" will definitely be in their location in 1914 because the ship model for that type of cruiser is nearly complete. It might be "easy" to cheat and ambush these ships for tonnage, but I'm a big fan of historical accuracy. Plus, many U-Boat successes could easily have been failures due to dud torpedoes, etc. Knowing [where to look] is only half the battle, as GI-Joe would say...
iambecomelife is online   Reply With Quote