View Single Post
Old 01-27-14, 06:50 PM   #4
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWHartzell61 View Post
One more question. On the database editior that come with the HUE, there is an option there to print off the various database annexes. I like to do that so that I have a listing of the platforms when I am working on scenario design (I keep the Notepad text docs on my computer, way too long to print out). I had no trouble getting the annexes for Facility, Plane, and Sub, but when I try to do the Ship annex, it only gets to #853 LPD San Giorgio IT 87 before I get an exception error, and it stops. Any idea what might be causing it to freeze up?
Two database editors are provided for Harpoon HUE v3.10.0. One is called the In-Game Editor (a.k.a. Game Editor): Harpoon3Editor.exe

The other editor (a.k.a. ReimerEditor) is based upon Microsoft Access: H3RE_3_10.mdb

From your description, I think you are talking about the Game Editor (the one that appears when you run the Harpoon HUE Configuration Launcher.) It looks very much like the Scenario Editor program. Here is a video showing the difference between the Game Editor and the H3Reimer Editor. It also shows you how to use both.

Opening the H3Editor

AFAIK, nearly everyone just employs the ReimerEditor since it is much more user-friendly due to its search and sort functions. If you are unable to use the ReimerEditor and are forced to use the Game Editor, let me know and I will help you through the problem.

I tried the Print function for the Ship Annex with the Game Editor and did not encounter any problem with Ship #853. The entire Annex printed without any difficulty.

I am happy to hear that you are writing scenarios. I certainly hope that you will share them with the community once they are finished.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote