View Single Post
Old 01-23-14, 07:47 AM   #41
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
When I heard of this Command. A wish came into my mind, a huge multi player scenario. A big clash between NATO and the warsaw pact

How many player on each side and how much each player should control I don't know, haven't been thinking so far.

Then I read that there ain't no multiplayer in Command.

Can always hope they will include this later.
You're right. There isn't any MP capability in MNO, although it will supposedly be added in the future. The best MNO has done is cobble together an ad hoc system whereby a couple of players exchange a file similar to a PBEM set up.

Unfortunately, it isn't even really PBEM because it is mathematically impossible for a participant to be in control of his units more than 50% of the time. When the player is not in control of his forces (i.e. the opponent's "turn"), he must transfer control of his units to the AI and this is usually a recipe for disaster. No matter what you do, the AI will be in control of your units half of the time.

If you really want an MP match, you'll have to wait until the function is added or else try games like Naval War Arctic Circle, Harpoon, or Fleet Command. We just finished a gigantic MP match in Harpoon which you would never be able to try in MNO:

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote