Old 01-22-14, 08:33 PM   #2
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjDrJ View Post
Hi all,
Just started revisiting this old game. was wondering what these 2 things do in game.
1. the general quarters
2. rig/secure from red

i know that general quarters is same as battle stations but what does it give you in game? does your crew perform better or anything like that?
as for the rig for red, besides dimming your view red does this help in any way? does it make your boat harder to see since lights arent on? or is this similar to general quarters?
the manual doesnt say anything about these.

I was just thinking this would be a much better game if you could lay silent hunter games in it. so you can control destroyers that are hunting ppls subs. apparently i ust seen a post stating that sh2 works like this, is there any good posts somewhere on this topic? like how to get setup, ect? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time,
Porter
There is some obscure spot in the DC manual that states that General Quarters will have AA guns automatically fire when acquiring aerial targets, regardless of orders. That is the only real benefit. Rig for Red is more cosmetic, as its purpose was to allow night vision to adjust, which takes 20-30 minutes. The game does not emulate the brief period of vulnerability during the transition period where visibility would be reduced. Likewise, it does not emulate a loss as a result of firing starburst shells.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote