Old 01-08-14, 06:01 PM   #502
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Why doesn't someone else have a go at the waves

Someone might have some fresh ideas about how the SeaParameters work together .
Yes, good question. Why?

I have on my HD a collection of articles on ocean waves (with formulas) and a simplified spreadsheet for calculating average wave height, length, period and speed as a function of wind speed. There are many more parameters than these in SH%, but the above could be a starting point for simulating realistic waves in game. Due to the poor state of my system I cannot embark myself in long testing sessions, but I would be glad to share my little knowledge-base on the subject.

Similarly, I am sure that te other SH5 modders who have previously dealed with SH waves (sober, Volodya, Fifi), would be happy to help withe their knowledge on wave parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
My last waves mod was done like that to make it harder to use the deck gun , spot things with scopes . In other words to actually make it difficult in rough weather , something of a challenge .
I hope you didn't take my remarks in the wrong way, sober. My comments on your waves are only relative to the their visual aspect (or, more precisely, on the excessively glossy aspect of their surface). On the other hand, I think that their physical properties go in the right direction.

On a side note, I have just noticed that there are some wave parameter which might affect AI ship's gun aiming. I am talking about LargeWavesCoef, FarWavesScale and FarWavesStrength. Vdr1981 might be interested into this particular topic, as he is the one who noticed for the first time that close ships have a worst aim than far one.

Vecko, are you there?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote