View Single Post
Old 11-02-13, 10:10 AM   #984
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Superb work. well done

I understand that the survivor question is a bit on the lighter side but i have strong feelings about it from the history i mentioned. re family i had family naval on both sides of both wars...the BB in question was BB 39 USN, Captain Van Valkenberg he remains at his post but they salves his sword from his day cabin which we treasure. Three other cousins were U boat kaptains in the WWII, one of the U 223 which succeeded with one of the few successful stern shot sinkings as his own boat was about to go down, the other two both Kaptain of Supply submarines which some call "milk cows" all three went down with their boats. Another was kaptain of a DD and he survived the war, after saving over 8000 people from baltic towns just ahead of the Soviets with his ship. My grandfather who was in the WWI made it thru, he had ship fire in the engine room and pulled eight men out and then they had to pull him out as he was over come by the smoke..and he eventually passed away from emphasima from that event.

All fine men and typical of their trade...and as you say, most worked very hard to save lives when they could glad you saw that in your research. Also glad about your fan and system.

wonderful pics of the smoke and fire, very realistic.

When you get to the point of doing final lrelease art work i voluenteer to help ...you can PM me if and when and i can give you my home site for a peek. Last naval painting i did was of the Graf Spee off of South Amerika, but would be glad to lend a hand with your fine effort.

Danke