Old 10-09-13, 08:48 PM   #967
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Very nice work indeed.

On the issue of Passengers and such, I fail to see the "fun" in making an amusement out of suffering and pain experineced by so many who lost their lives at sea. This is a historic simulation and reflects history but true is that many if not most officers in the High Seas Fleet of the Imperial service tried hard to save lives, at sea, all seamen and passengers are brothers, and they tried to save who they could. There is no reason for this wonderful mod maker to be asked to create extensive resources for such frivolous and frankly barbaric "entertainment" Any seaman from any service on either side would agree i am sure. Nuff said.

beautiful work on the ships, crew and the cargo hold is a wonderful idea, very very good.
I agree but with all due respect I think Admiral Halsey was just joking. Our crowd here is a bit more mature than certain other game communities(despite the occasional joke), and many subsimmers know firsthand what war is really like. Few people on this forum would truly enjoy harming people in wartime. Especially innocent passengers.

Thank you for your comment, by the way - just last night, while researching statistics on ships sunk, I reflected on how chivalrous most U-Boat captains were in WWI. At least 15,000 civilians are known to have died on British ships alone, but the death toll would have been much higher were it not for the heroism of U-Boat sailors - many of whom risked their own lives to save their enemies. After sinking one ship, for example, Hans Rose took injured survivors on board and radioed the sinking position to the British, so that rescue ships could be sent:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Jacob_Jones_(DD-61

@ Jawohlherrkaleun: Thank you for the advice; it will all depend on permission from the ships' original creators.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote