View Single Post
Old 10-06-13, 01:31 PM   #3849
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
For gaming? Installers would crash all the time. Or I would get to 99% and it would quit.

I don't know if it's the computer or the OS...but I just don't like Vista. I hate the UI, compatibility, and it always runs really really slow for me.

Sounds more like hardware in that case.

At the same time how the software is developed is also a factor.There are so many different systems out there (different hardware components,codecs and such) as well as OS.Even companies that try and do a good bit of QA testing they can not possibly simulate every possible system.So someone out there is always going to have problems.And another factor is that many PC owners do not keep their many drivers up to date just one of those can not jiving can cause a problem.

It also depends on the software some software came out before Win 7 and 8 came along so they can not have even tested for those OS.

Every OS I have ever used had about the same amount quirks to be honest.None of them works perfectly 100% of the time.

Another PC at the house has Win 8 it seems just as useful as any previous OS to me.My wife has a Mac and that OS seems 100 times more intuitive than anything Microsoft can come up with.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote