View Single Post
Old 09-24-13, 03:04 PM   #149
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I don't get you here. Can you explain? What do you mean by "equipment exposure"?

Code:
CrewExposure=2.5
EquipmentsExposure=1.0
WeaponsExposure=0.1
Where damage to the applicable type is as a percentage of 100. For example, you'll notice that the crew in my compartment will take 250% damage. This means that 1 HP of zone damage causes 2.5 HP of crew damage. Since the damage is applied to every member of the compartment, regardless if on watch or not, this is a method to ensure that small caliber guns hurt the crew. It works the same for the equipment and/or weapons in the compartment as long as they do not have their own unique damage zone identifier. Those equipment and weapon items that do have their own unique identifier will NOT receive damage when the compartment is damaged.

This is from the awesome thread you gave me... main Submarine UPC file. So, when i set eq.exposure to 0.9, for example, all associated equipment (periscopes, TDC) is shown as 0 % pretty fast but this is not related to real state of equipment. On the other hand , pumps (talking about ubtcomroom) are shown correct because they have their's own damage box . Now, periscopes also have their personal damage zones in sensors.zon, but they are not connected with readings in game damage menu and i still don't know how to do that... To be honest i dont care so much for damage menu, i don;t like whole concept about damage shown as percentage. For me , the most important thing is that damage is present, and i do not need damage menu to tell me what is wrong...

Last edited by vdr1981; 09-24-13 at 03:20 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote