View Single Post
Old 09-18-13, 01:14 PM   #3780
Stealhead
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

This could really be its own thread but if I could think of one thing that is to blame for how the typical video/PC today is less creative than they where 12 to 20 years ago it would be demographics.

Everyone is so obsessed with demographics because they think this is the best way to sell the most products.The thing is by trying to please everyone you wind up with something shallow because it tries to be too many things.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall of the meetings when Ubisoft was talking about the next Brothers in Arms and they went with that utter crap concept they had Brothers in Arms:Furious Four.I would have been a mosquito carrying Malaria so I could infect the stupid morons who thought that was a good idea.Just read this article with one of the game developers his excuse was they had run out of ideas...really read freaking history book Battle of the Bulge you twit or even in the last game the guy with the glasses that you see in flashbacks he says "I hope you like snow" I guess he was talking about cocaine not the snow during the Battle of the Bulge.
http://kotaku.com/5939896/brothers-i...irely-new-game

That is why I like Kickstarter it allows someone to have a niche idea and get the money from the ones who actually want the product.If you get enough money you can get investors to give you more because you prove to them that your game is wanted by a demographic group so much that they will give money to support it.

The same can be said about other form of entertainment movies for example.

Last edited by Stealhead; 09-18-13 at 01:33 PM.
Stealhead is offline   Reply With Quote