View Single Post
Old 06-28-13, 08:14 AM   #4364
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Wewak 1943

Added some traffic to Wewak Harbor in a mod im putting together.Testing to make sure this would show up, I headed for Wewak Harbor in January 43(as Wahoo did) and like Wahoo I dove at 0330 on January 24, 1943, slipped into check out the harbor. Before noon I had a DD with several submarines nested next to her.I went to GQ and began to close, Just as I was about to fire from 3,000 yards(trying not to fire from the extremely shallow waters, only had about 120 feet below me.Just as I was about to fire a spread a the DD and one at a sub(figuring explosion of the sub would wake it out) the DD got underway, and turned in my direction, closing at high speed, decided to go for the "Down the Throat" shot, turned into her at flank speed and from 600 yards fired 6 torpedos and headed deep.As we passed 85 feet, torpedo impact, huge explosions, two fish hit, several others exploded themselves(magnetic exploders) Came back to scope depth soon after turning stern tubes toward last known location and heading to exit the habor in case the harbor patrol shows up(luckily, it was out of sight, and out of range of sensors on other side of harbor) Finally, my scope broke the water to find the DD burning, broken into two sections.

Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote