View Single Post
Old 05-14-13, 07:37 AM   #32
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I plugged in the original HD without changing any jumper settings, just to see what would happen. Hey, what do you know? It shows up in My Computer, perfectly accessible, just like Dragon said it would. Well, almost--I cannot get to the c /documents and settings/user/local settings/application data/ files on the original HD, It tells me access denied. But I can reboot and choose the original HD as the boot device and get to that stuff, then reboot with the new SSD.

And so, the day is saved, and I went about setting up all the drivers, installing Outlook and moving over my PSTs, MS Office, WS_ftp and the site files, etc.

Last, I added the new 1TB backup HD, formatted it, and bam, I have a ton of space to back up files. Western Digital thoughtfully provided Acronis True Image WD edition for that, but it seems to choke, telling me it will take 4 days to do the backup (after 7 hours, the whole PC stops responding). Can anyone suggest a good backup program? I also have Norton Ghost 10 from a couple years ago, I might install that and give it a try.