View Single Post
Old 02-14-06, 09:09 AM   #8
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0

Amizaurs new Torp Speed and Depth control Mod is a delight to use. Taking manual control performance
is as outlined and we now have a real golden bullet.

Everything works fine if you step in before the torp activates at RTE range. However I have problems with control
when trying manual speed and depth control after the torp activates. Now this may be down to my technique but
I have followed Amis instructions both with the one sec button selection delay and the order in which
the buttons are pressed.

Here is what I found on four runs of the following proceedure - SW 800 ft Mk 48 Search depth 400 ft Default ceil.
Run out speed 45 knots. RTE 2000 yds** (1 nm) Truth 3D used to observe torps ascend/descend performance.

When the torp reaches RTE it activates but stays at Launch depth.
1st push of Preenable - Torp goes to Search depth.
2nd push of Preenable - No reaction.
3rd push of Preenable - Torp goes to Ceiling depth.
4th push of Preenable - Torp returns to Launch depth.
5th push of Preenable - Torp goes to Search depth.
6th push of Preenable - Torp goes to Ceiling depth.

Now for Speed :-

Speed Reduction:-
At Ceiling depth at 55 knts order 40 by pushing Preenable then Enable then preenable (as per instructions)
torp slows to 40 and dives to Launch depth. This is even though the Prenable button has not been
previously touched in that torps run. Now push Preenable again and torp goes to Search depth. Push it again
and torp goes to Ceiling depth.

Speed increase:-
At ceiling depth at 40 knts. order 55 knts by pushing Enable, then Preenable the torp stays
at the same speed with no depth change.

**Note. I observed this post activation behaviour also at default RTE ranges.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote