View Single Post
Old 02-14-06, 01:24 AM   #8
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0

Two options appeal - first importing SW NB to the Akula and second importing Akula BB to the SW.

Spotting those faint transients is vital. I take it that only the graphics sonar panel display would be tinkered in
the change with no doctrinal changes to sonar performance and ranges. So its a question of enhanced player
instrumentation and transient visibility and not shoeing in SW sonar performance. Because if that was
implemented it would change the ballance of power, in SW v Ak, to the AK by combining missile stand-off
with potentialy longer range sonar sensitivity.

The perception is correct that the SWs TA NB performance in game outstrips the Aks. Typicaly with a ratio
now of 14.5 to 8. ( 1.03) My experience is that clicking in Ak NB, where no transients show, can produce 'light-ups' ..
But not sufficient to compensate for the differential

However I have noticed in recent testing that, given repeat runnings of identical self-created Test
scenarios, detection ranges differ in a randomised (Diced?) marginalised way.

Option 2 would overcome the principle objection to the SW BB which is its, for some, confusing bearings display.
The Aks BB is much more intuitive. I ca'nt see that such a change would impinge on gameplay ballance.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote