View Single Post
Old 03-16-13, 10:39 AM   #159
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
You can report the parallel/meridian closest to your current position, and how many meters you are far from them (in a straight line, indeed); or you can make yourself the calculation, if you prefer: in SH5 world, meridian/parallels are 120 km far apart, no matter how close you are to equator, therefore 2,000 m equals 1'
The math was right there under my nose .. lol .. thanks gap!

Quote:
stoianm will be glad to know that you like that mutch the sleet submod: it actually was his invention
I'm glad! He deserves it!

Quote:
Try removing all of the non-DynEnv environmental mods, and see if it solves your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I'd try to disable these ones;

SteelVikings Sky Banding Mod
sobers base sky mechanics
I removed all of them and reactivated each one by one.

From what I'm guessing, this problem seems to happen depending on what the weather is, what the time of night it is, where I am, whether or not there is any moon, and whether there is fog, etc. As such, it was a bit of a task recreating the same conditions, and so, it's hard to tell which mods are at play in this problem. With no moon or fog, I don't seem to see the problem at all.

With and without the other mods activated, I had no problems at times, because of what I said above, so it was difficult to recreate. The first time I deactivated the other mods, I had this thing where on the upper left and upper right corners, it was curved black like looking through the binoculars. This would follow the scene as I moved the view. I never saw that before, and I haven't been able to recreate that again. I've attached a couple of pictures to show the "gradient" effect (which is similar to the map showing different depths) with and without those other mods. In these shots, I stood on deck and after a while, as the clouds moved on, changed size and shape, etc., they would become normal. I could see the clouds eventually change from this "gradient" effect to being rendered properly bit by bit (and back once in a while, IIRC). The upper picture is shot directly into the clouds, with all mods activated. Lower is with the other listed mods deactivated. Fog is light. No precipitations. In the lower one, the effect is in the darker portion of the clouds to the left of the lightning.

Quote:
Another way to address your problem could be by adjusting a bit game's gamma (in game gfx settings) and/or reducing the contrast of your screen.
I could do this, but then it would only mask things, I think.

After I dock again, I'm going to reload the old version of DynEnv to test that out, just to make sure I didn't have that problem before, although I don't remember having seen it to be honest.