Old 03-06-13, 03:26 PM   #2999
Damo
Captain

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Beautiful videos, Damo!

They really highlight the best parts of SH5. Unfortunately they also highlight one of the worst parts, at least for me. Not one of the SH games has fixed the fact that the purpose of a harbor is to protect ships from the weather. So the Panzerschiffe is rocking back and forth like it's in a storm and your poor u-boat is bouncing up and down like a cork in what we English-speakers call "safe harbor".

None of which is your fault, of course, and I apologize for going off on a tangent, but it was so obvious to me that it hurt. I'll try not to do it again.

Oh, I saw that wake! The speed limit in harbor is 5 knots!
I totally understand your sentiments, when you're scrapping more shots than you actually think are useable I have to admit the SH5 'quirks' are a tad annoying. I'm committed to hide these unrealistic flaws from the camera as best I can in the final film but I could sure do with some more ballast to weigh that boote down, I'm guessing there's no modding solution to it as I'm sure it'd be fixed by now. And I saw Bernard in the engine room in port, so ermm, yeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Besides replacing the font, as suggested by sober, I would also reuduce U-boat's and camera speeds. Everything looks like it was accelerated, and imoho spoils the feeling of quietness before the battle.
Thanks for the input, as they were a test I didn't play with any speeds or effects in Vegas, this will of course not be the case in the full film.

I was also playing with Dynamic Environment 'Darker Nights, NO murky waters' which I may change for the harbour shots to get that murkiness back in the water. Neither of the test videos will be used in the final cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I liked that...a lot

The owl and the pussycat went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat.
It only took one T1 eel to convince that boat not to float.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote