View Single Post
Old 03-04-13, 09:00 AM   #94
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by garren View Post
My problem is that when I use the external cam sea weed and kelp are stretched like 50 meters tall. I think this is a vanilla issue if I recall.
Yes, I retained stock sizes because it is known that some species of kelp can grow up to 50 m long, but scaling them down (with the same method used by echolot for trees) is possible. Good idea for one of the next releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by garren View Post
Also, when I go put my sub on the seafloor it looks like it's still 10 meters off the bottom. I remember when I used The Dark Wraiths custom patcher I selected something that would let me bottom my uboat. Doesn't seem to be working. I hover 10 meters or so above the sea floor and my uboat takes damage even just sitting a 0 knots...
I don't think it to be related with DynEnv in any way; I suggest you to check the correct working of the sub on bottom patch with DynEnv disabled. If nothing changes, you might want to report the problem on TDW's patches thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
OK I downloaded your NO underwater FX patch and will apply it and try it in a few minutes.

Edit...

OK I applied your patch and it works like a charm. I must have screwed something up when I tried.
Thank you for testing Bothersome. I am going to add the patch to the forst page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
My locations were in the gulf south of Spain. It's in the yellow area. I made a trip to Freetown and Dakar which travel some orange areas. Medium Fog with high winds the whole way.

I can go to a port and the weather gets better but after I travel back into my hunting grounds in the gulf south of Spain, the fog and high waves and wind come back usually by the time I get into the shipping lanes.

here is my mod list as applied at the moment in case anyone wants to know.
Wind speed range for your current date/patrol area (yellow band SW of Spain) should be 1-7 kph; season: summer; weather change interval: 5-48 h. I have just checked DynEn settings for it, and everything seems okay. Looks like something is wrong with your game, or at least with your DynEnv installation.
By any chance, have you started using this mod (any version) in mid patrol?

If so, you should try disabling Main Mod and Ambient Settings - Darker Nights optional mod, and reenable them the next time you are in bunker;
if it doesn't work, disable them again, and reenable them once more at the start of a new campaign;
if it still doesn't work, try restarting a new career.

If you were using v 2.1 whe you started your current career, switching to v 2.9 shouldn't cause any problem though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Something i've been thinking of, because i noticed when medium fog night times we can still see stars as if no fog, would be nice to get blurred stars as like sun in day time with medium fog...

Is it possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
cut of the post #1
Thank you for the reminder, Volodya

I don't exclude that some of the known limitations won't be fixed sometime in the future, but I cannot make guarantee on it, because either they are hardcoded, or we don't know the settings controlling them
gap is offline   Reply With Quote