Old 02-28-13, 06:32 PM   #1602
garren
In the Brig

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliaraptor View Post
Hi Folks
I put a whole bunch of MODs (Sobbers Mega Mod in one download) with the ModEnabler on a new SH5 instal. Used JSGME -Task sobers.mep (70 activated) some black some grey. Then i worked out the TDW Patcher 1_0_74_0 like in the Thread (How to use TDWs Patcher) No Problem. I then played the TDW at the End of all activated MODs. A Warning showed a Conflict of two Files with existing UIs MOD. Hmmmm
I Started the Game in Offline Modus. UPlay starts the Game. All works fine.
Choose the Campain. Skip Intro. Loading Screen apears. Wait... Wait...
After about 2mins the Game drops on Desktop and UPlay thanks me for playing
I got a bunch of Savegame Files in the Savegame Folder, which ive deleted bevor?
Does anybody know where the Problem might be??? Thanks for Help

System:Win7 64, Phenom 2 X6 1090T @ 3.7, Asus HD 6950 2GB, 8GB RAM, SSD.
I had that happen to me with that MEP file too. Don't use that MEP file.

Look for his latest MEP file on here and use that one. Load it up in the Mod Enabler and it will tell you all the mods it could find. Keep that warning up on your screen and come back on here and download each one of them. There's quite a few of them to download but most are small files and won't take too long to download.

Now here's the biggest thing. Go through each mod in the MODS folder and make sure none of them have double-folders after you unzip them. Take the time to go through each mod folder inside your MODS folder and ensure all of them are "mod name\data" and not "mod name\mod name\data" or they will not load properly and you will flood your main game directory with mods that are not doing anything at all.

Also remove any "documents" folders out of each mod so all that's left is the "data" folder because document folders are not needed for the mods to work, they slow down the mod enabler and can cause corruption in your mod install.

NOTE:

This is a bit of a cheat for making the install process a little easier and giving you control over what you want and don't want in Sober's MEP file.

Let's say there's a mod on Sobers MEP list you don't want to use. If so, you just simply create a dummy/empty folder in your MODS folder with the exact name of the mod you don't want to use and the mod enabler tool will think it's loading that mod when really it isn't because it's an empty/dummy folder.

I'm doing this for Sobers underwater FX mod because I don't like the underwater distortion look. I like playing with the external camera so I created a dummy/empty folder with the exact same name that Sober's MEP file called for just so I could have the ease of automation without having to manually install each one myself in the right order.
garren is offline   Reply With Quote