View Single Post
Old 02-28-13, 02:14 PM   #77
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
Last night I did manage to see a lot of rain. I was in April 1941 around the gulf south of spain. Looked quite like a hurricane to me. Waves were very tall. Boat was completely submerging into a wave and almost coming complete out of the valley. It did look a bit silly to see a tug boat getting more air time than a dirt bike. Wind speeds were 15 starting out, with thunderstorms and heavy rain. Then later it slowed to 13. But the rain and wind lasted till I got back to home base. My TC is usually at most 128 but last night I put up to 512 trying to get past the bad weather. That didn't help much, only slowed the wind down to 13.
Thank you for your nice report, Bothersome, it felt like being there, in the middle of the storm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
I do notice the waves look a lot more real now for some reason. Good job Gap.
Don't congratulate with me. I cannot stress enough that this is a community mod; personally, I haven't ever touched wave paramenters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Yeahhhh!! Gimmee dat rain. I do hope I see some more. It's just not right being on the ocean so long and there's no rain or storms. The Storms in the game are quite good too! I love seeing the lightning coming from all directions...
Anyone else wanting to give his opinion on the DynEnv/rain probability topic started by Dogfish?
Has anyone of you noticed a decrease of rain occurrence after having installed this mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
That's gotta' be it.
Okay, I have found the problem.
As I was supposing, the culprit is Sobers Best Ever Tweaks submod. Easy to get rid of the glitch:

disable the mod, delete the data/Shaders/Wakes folder, and enable the mod again

Sorry for the inconvenience guys. I knew I was going to mess something up
gap is offline   Reply With Quote