View Single Post
Old 02-27-13, 11:50 PM   #98
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonSamurai View Post
That video lost a lot of credibility to me when the instructor fired significantly faster in the demonstrations with smaller clips. Then there is the issue of how they were reloading off a bench (not realistic in real situation and significantly speeding up the reload process).

Though, there were some valid points, their presentation and logic is flawed.
I think you're being overly critical. There is no set pace for firing, there will always be variations in the speed with which one pulls the trigger. As for quick changing magazines they also didn't show them using doubled or tripled up mags either so maybe they weren't as slow as they could have simulated it but it wasn't as fast either. Besides except for the "rush them while they're reloading" test this wasn't a speed contest but a comparison of time differences in reloading different size magazines.

It scales somewhat but the differences aren't that great. Yes a less practiced and/or scared person will take a little longer to reload but that's a lot bigger issue to those defending themselves than it is to someone who is on a killing rampage. They tend to be cool and methodical and they are prepared for a fight.

There are over 30 million standard and high cap mags out there in American hands already that they know of and I believe there are way more that they don't. Either way limiting magazine size will limit the firepower of a victim not the aggressor.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote