View Single Post
Old 02-25-13, 03:57 PM   #81
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
From an Australian point of view, I prefer Democrats, seeing as Australians don't really have a good history with Republicans. We lost two men in Iraq, and 39 dead and 242 wounded in Afghanistan. And, while I think that the Taliban and al Qaeda should be crushed, I'm rather doubtful if they can be.
I just don't like to see either party hold too much power, or at the very least, hold power for very long. I think either condition opens the door to the "good idea fairy" and causes long term damage to our country as a whole as asinine legislation is made.

Now, I don't know what political parties are called in Australia, so I'm assuming you mean the US political parties since we have a bad habit of dragging our friends into a fight they probably didn't want to be involved in, particualy when the Republicans are in control. On that view, i tend of have isolationist tendencies in my beliefs. I could care less if afganistan, or Iraq, or any other country, implodes upon itself in the bloodiest of affairs. I think we are far better off taking care of our own, and staying out of the affairs of other nations.

Funny, as much as a "gun nut" i appear to be, I think i'm still quite centrist in my views. I'm sure that is shocking to some.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote