View Single Post
Old 01-08-13, 04:48 AM   #18
Uboatman
Medic

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
Hmmm... thanks for the heads up. I sure don't feel like doing an os reinstall so I'll guess I'll stick with it untill I upgrade to windows 7. It does seem to have done a good job so far but my machine does seem to have been pretty slow of late. Have woundered if it's due to the anti-virus.

I can certainly second the poor customer service though, that drove me nuts. To access their help service they wanted me to enter my full name, phone number and address on their website! As if...
I've done quite a lot of research into AV programs over the last couple of years as like the OP I wanted the best for my needs and PC, in my reading I have found that many of the really big names like Norton and even one that regularly comes recommended BitDefender are notoriously difficult to remove from your install without a reformat.

Takes a long, long time to read all these articles and most of the time you just end up even more confused as to which is best, I did it for every single component on my new build PC too worth doing to be more informed but even then you can find out something bad, often right after you place an order so I'd say take some time, do your research, maybe ask for others advice in a tech forum, good luck
Uboatman is offline   Reply With Quote