Old 01-06-13, 03:23 PM   #4335
Gustav Schiebert
Sparky

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccardo1975 View Post
Was awarded an Iron Cross second class.

Shouldnt I be having lunch with Adolf and getting a Knights Cross?
You should be, for that. Here's my research on the matter:

KptLt Gunther Prien had the EKII already when he sunk HMS Royal Oak in October 1939. He got both the EKI and the Knight's Cross for that, as well as tea with Hitler etc.

ObltzS von Tiesenhausen sunk HMS Barham in November '41 - he also had the EKII but only got the EKI, and no lunch with Hitler (although he did eventually get the Knight's Cross in January '42.

There was a lot of variance over a commander's reward for a 'prestige sinking', although a Knight's Cross was usual. Towards the end of the war the requirements dropped enormously and some recieved the RK for simply damaging a merchant ship, so dangerous had it become.

In reality if you had sunk a Revenge class (Royal Oak was of that class) you could expect at the very least EKII and EKI. Probably RK and tea with Hitler as well. I think the game can't 'leapfrog' awards like in real life - if you pass the threshold for the RK and the RK + Oakleaves in one patrol, you get the RK at the end of that patrol and the oakleaves are 'stacked' so that you'll recieve them next patrol, even if you don't sink anything.

Hope this helps!

GWX 3 + OLC Gold + 100% Realism + Commander

"Attack! Always attack!"
Gustav Schiebert is offline   Reply With Quote