gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmichal View Post
And, tomorrow I have to go to school .

going to school == no time for modding

So, I'll back to modding from 11th February to 24th February... (then I have small holidays, called "winter holidays" ).

So, goodbye my friends

I wish you happy new year, and outstanding school notes, Michael

On a side note, yesterday I've thought of a possible workaround for the swinging objects issue. They need to be separate objects, for us to be able giving each of them an obj_pendulum controller, but currently we can't add new meshes/objects to a GR2, right?

So, what about...

1. duplicating an existing GR2; one with many little objects in it, like guns_radars_01.GR2, for instance.

2. Renaming and replacing the existing meshes with new ones, representing lamps, foods, etc. I think TDW's GR2 editor is already supporting it, and privateer is developping a tool that will ease the importation of obj meshes into a GR2. Notice that we won't be adding any new objects: just replacing the existing ones with different meshes.

3. Assigning each of the replaced objects an obj_pendulum controller, through the appropriate sim file.

4. Creating new bones into sub interior GR2's, where we want the swinging objects to be placed, and linking the new bones with the objects themselves (through their IDs). Again, I think this is already perfectly feasible with TDW's GR2 editor.

What do you think? Is this enough for keeping you busy during your winter holydays?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote