Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Re: To MOD Or Not To MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuaki Shimazaki II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatch
I beleive a compromise should have been reached by the designers in the fashion that although those values aren't real, they could at least be made into a proposition that satisfied the players gaming experience, not having been made it so extremely bad that warranted a Modder to seemingly step into the fray and stand on the bow and say "I bested their work, I've brought the simulation to a level of reality that the manufacturer couldn't" That my friend is arrogancy at its most blatant display.
You "believe" a compromise could have been reached. The reality is that the stock DW still AFAIK uses the "uber-65" (this one dates back to Sub Command) and the 400 feet dipping sonar (they flat out tell you in the manual that this is wrong, so secrecy has nothing to do with this, but they are doing it anyway).

It really doesn't take a genius to build a mod that corrects these two points. Now, one can make theories all day long as to why it is done like this, but it doesn't change that this is what they decided, and it is, to put it bluntly, quite wrong.

If they "endorse" any of our modifications, the most likely result is that you will just see a patch with that change - any thank you would be relatively low key. Being a person who doesn't trust mods, you won't bother keeping up with them. Which means you'd dumbly install the patch, and never realize that an endorsement happened, and then you come back and tell us about how our mods are unendorsed...
Exactly Mr. Kazuaki, I would dumbly install it without a whimper of dissent if it came from a developer sanctioned patch, if you made the changes, no one would ever know, you'd still remain an unrecognized contributor, shall we say, an anonymous footnote to the designers, which validates one of my initial points sir, as long as you do not have that endorsement, your chances of increasing your credibility and hence your audience are thwarted beyond repair.
Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote