View Single Post
Old 11-11-12, 01:25 AM   #4331
Stubudd
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

With GWX i checked the dates and waited outside scapa to catch the hood and prince of whales racing out to find the bismarck. Managed to sink the prince on the spot and damage the hood- she escaped temporarily, but i chased her and found her beached on a tiny island directly west of scapa flow.

Then i raced down to where the bismarck would be sunk in time to be waiting for whatever i could find, the ark royal or some of the other capital ships. I managed to sink the king george V and hit the rodney or renown, whichever is the accompanying capital ship, but the bismarck apparently got credit for finishing her before i could work a way to get another a shot.

It took a couple reloaded saves to find the right spot to have a shot at those fast moving big ships out in the atlantic- BE53 northeast corner- but i don't care- i just wanted to see this stuff. GWX is amazing, after playing SH3 without it for a long time.

This was with a IXB i believe, whichever you start a new career with out of 2nd flotilla in 1941. Somewhere around 140k tons for that patrol. Nice work by the guys that mod together. Now i'm looking to find another scripted event to check out- maybe some of the stuff in the far east.
Stubudd is offline   Reply With Quote