View Single Post
Old 10-04-12, 06:58 PM   #74
Malakie
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimHq Tom Cofield View Post
I saw it, it was OK. I had to suspend disbelief but I can do that. I have to othewise I will rip apart any medical or military movie I watch.

One thing I don't get is why they tried to cram so much into one hour. This 'first' hour could have easily gone 2-3 episodes and probably would have gotten the show off to a better feel. Geez, at sea, ordered to fire, question order, get relieved, get shot at, get damaged, get away to some island, take over the island, watch as the US nukes Pakistan, go threaten the US, then fire a nuke at Washington that flies over the city to fry the QE3 in the middle of the Atlantic. There could have been an entire season in just the first hour of the thing but they had to shove all of this down our throat, including a side plot with some defense contractors and some 'secret' device on the sub. Have I got it all there yet? Nope, there is some 'secret' aboard the boat that has some crew members trying to sabotage the boat, the hot female on the boat that you know will be banging the XO eventually because there HAS to be sexual tension on the boat.

Factual innacuracies are expected, I seriously doubt the Navy Department is just going to let a bunch of actors hang out on a boomer for a month so that they can figure out the exact launch sequence or all protocols. Besides being a breach of national security it would take a boomer out of service for the sake of a stupid TV show. But this thing must have been sponsored by the National Association of Attention Deficit Disorder members because it bounces all over the place and doesn't settle down long enough for the average person to figure out. Take a leak and you are confused. Not good for the first of what they hope is a successful series.

I think you pretty well summed it up completely!

New episode tonight so we shall see what it brings..

Malakie

United States Navy Service Connected Disabled Veteran.
"A nation that forgets its veterans will itself soon be forgotten", Abraham Lincoln.

Malakie is offline   Reply With Quote