View Single Post
Old 09-28-12, 07:10 PM   #52
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godalmighty83 View Post
There's a awful lot of angles to cover not even including the world now being at nuclear war, probably far too much for a 44min pilot which already seemed to have to rush through certain events, plenty to expand on in time.
I agree. I think the pilot was way too fast-paced; they tried to fit in a season's worth of events into one episode.

Personally, I think they should have diverted the first few episodes into introducing the characters and building up the chemistry between them. Any fictional work is much more enjoyable when the characters are understood well. For example, LT Shepard's actions really annoyed me in the pilot, especially the way she went around blatantly disrespecting the COB, who was a seasoned MCPO. However, with some insight as to the background into her character, we could've seen why her actions were and whyh she did what she did.

The entire pilot episode, stretched out over several episodes, would've made a damn fine season if you ask me. Now, we just have to wait and see how they will top that. I'll go ahead and forgive the factual errors, seeing as they didn't have official USN/DoD support; suspension of disbelief.

Last edited by Kaye T. Bai; 09-28-12 at 07:39 PM.
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote