View Single Post
Old 09-28-12, 01:39 AM   #49
Malakie
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0

Well, I watched the show tonight and have to say I like it! There are a few question about the story itself of course but for TV land I would say they did a pretty good job of portraying things..

As a U.S. Navy Disabled Veteran and having started my career first as a Sonar Technician, I was looking for details along with the story. They did a pretty good job all in all!

Some might say the story is not plausible but then who knows? What I do know is one of our subs would not just go rogue and the actions the crew takes in this story are right on the mark as far as I am concerned.

The big question of course is: Who in our government has enough power to pull this off and be able to keep United States Navy ships, 4-star Admirals and more in the dark about it?

I can tell you this, and it will be interested to see how this plays out, those that have access to the NMCC, Our nuclear priority Command Authority Bases around the world, Our submarines operational patrol patterns and locations as well as communication protocols and times, and who can initiate the generation of a daily launch coded message WITHOUT most of the command structure knowing... well let's just say there are not many that could pull this off in our government.. let alone do it without anyone knowing.

We already know the Assistant SecDef is involved. Most probably some in the naval command structure around him. With that I can tell you there are probably a number of ship captains who are also on board this act.. including sub captains based on the launch against Pakistan that did take place.

In essence we have a full blown and active coup attempt now taking place in the United States of America. Reason: Unknown. Threat Assessment: Unknown. Involved: Unknown

Were, today, I in this situation on board this boat with this captain, I WOULD stand with him because he did everything right. Some people might say he was wrong in questioning the orders.. Actually he was right. More right than ever because the one thing command is taught is to never assume, always ask questions especially when orders make no sense or when they go against everything that is normal.. Commanding Officers are supposed to think on their feet and not assume or blindly follow along. And this is even more true when you remember that ALL of us who have and are serving are volunteers!

In this case the order coming from a secondary command point while Washington and the NMCC still exists.

My questions now are this: Where is the President and Vice President? Where is the SecDef? Where is the SecNav?

AND whomever is running this plot and coup attempt is, they now have two HUGE major problems.... First, the crew was able to contact home so now many people know they are not dead and everything was a lie. And second, a nuke was just set off 200 miles from D.C. and everyone saw it... not just in D.C. but every other capable nation saw it.

With our media the way it is and the internet out there, I cannot actually see a way to keep this bottled up and under wraps from the public... and that is a problem for this show I think because it is just not feasible that the media and the public would not know the truth in a matter of time.. a nuke went off.. people ARE going to be digging and asking question no matter WHAT fake story is put out there... and when the loved ones get out there and start talking.. or disappearing too... well..

Malakie

United States Navy Service Connected Disabled Veteran.
"A nation that forgets its veterans will itself soon be forgotten", Abraham Lincoln.

Malakie is offline   Reply With Quote