Old 09-19-12, 09:40 PM   #4014
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
Hey guys check question.

Does anyone know which files control the darkness brightness at night?

The reason I ask is back in the day when I started playing 2.5 I noticed that at nights the horizon was very dark, so dark it was hard to see things at night. Turns out something small changed in one of these files did something to where it displayed weird on my rig. Using the same file from TMO 2 solved the issue and nights are again dark, yet see able.

If I recall its either the scene DAT. file or a file in the Env folder.

As I am currently installing the latest to my rig again, if I have trouble I plan on using the old file and fixing it again. If anyone could answer it would help a great deal. Either way I will post my results.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by something changed a file. I've long adjusted mine, but as I recall a dark horizon was part of TMO starting at 2.2. I also can't remember what changes, if any, he made to the env. from 2.2 to 2.5.

They're several files in scene dat, Env. and filters that can effect brightness, in fact many files effect how dark the night might be, horizon, etc. Not to mention he tweaks sensors to work with these settings, so adjusting them could increase or decrease visuals.

What you could try is pulling the scene dat and Env files from 2.0, make a small mod and install it over TMO 2.5. You would get the env. look of 2.0, plus all the changes with 2.5. I can't say how or if it would effect sensors, probably minor, just have to test it.

If you don't like it, try loading Improved stock Env. I think he made a version for TMO 2.5.

If you don't like that, you could tweak your files, but understand water color, cloud colors, lighting values all have effect. I use my own mod. Basically what I did was change the colors for night to more neutral than blue and added light values around the moon for a wider halo effect. The horizon is still dark away from the moon, but the horizon show well in the moonlight. Also when the moon is overhead, night is a lil lighter. Course no moon, it's dark as hell... However, it does increase enemy visuals, but it realistically makes you plan your attack based on moonlight. The changes are simple if you need some help.

I had a thread showing several SS with different moon textures, lighting effects, colors, etc., if you want to take a look. I probably have 100 env. mods, just I think this is what I finally settled on for my night look, but at times I use one of my others.

Others
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=196108&page=4

Last edited by Armistead; 09-19-12 at 10:03 PM.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote